Thought these were interesting!
Did You Know?
- There are more than 60 million pet cats in the United States.
- Approximately 24,000 people get cat scratch disease in the U.S. each year.
- Kittens transmit cat scratch disease to people more often than adult cats do.
- Kittens who have fleas are 29 times likelier to carry Bartonella henselae bacteria than kittens without fleas.
- Fewer than 5 percent of people with cat scratch disease develop severe symptoms.
I just so happen to be a part of the less than 5 percent that do develope
severe symptoms. Yay for me. lol
Read more: http://www.humanillnesses.com/original/Cank-Con/Cat-Scratch-Disease.html#ixzz2ud3gc9bw